My beloved has requested a list of ideas for snacks and easy meals to tide over the days when there is no cooked food on the stove or in the fridge. He is bored of the hummus on toast – camembert on toast routine.
Here you go, my darling:
- hummus on toast
- camember on toast
… only kidding! Har, har.
- cottage cheese with canned beetroot, sprinkled with cumin
- sardines mashed with avocado and lemon juice
- cottage cheese or feta mashed with avocado, a bit of lemon juice and minced garlic
- avocado tuna salad (post coming up at some point)
- sardines with balsamic vinegar sprinkled on top
- hummus with crudités – scoop it out with carrot batons or bell pepper slices
- jacket potato (go easy on the butter) with baked beans, or with cottage cheese or grated cheddar, or with avocado mixed with sweetcorn, or with calm down salad, or with avocado tuna salad… you get the idea
- hard boiled eggs with soy sauce, or if you are ambitious, shoyu tamago; or sprinkled with curry powder; or with tomatoes, mozzarella and oregano; or mixed with anchovies, garlic, olives, bell pepper and cherry tomatoes; or as a salad with green beans (with or without the salmon in this recipe)
- scrambled eggs with sweetcorn, spring onions, cheddar and coriander,
- a salad of fresh spinach, sliced cherry tomatoes and (toasted) (pine) nuts, topped by a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of parmesan and pepper. Add finely chopped chilli pepper flakes, if you feel like it.
- spicy couscous salad – substitute harissa with some finely chopped chilli pepper mixed into olive oil
- anybody soup
This list may grow later.